Scrip is a fundraising program that works while you shop. Half of the funds raised go to the Building Fund to reduce the mortgage. The other half of rebates may be applied to each individual family’s tuition.
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store.
Many popular retailers participate in our scrip program including JCPenney, The Gap, Shell,
Pizza Hut, Red Lobster, and many, many others.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple – scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps the difference as revenue. And scrip is exciting, because everybody wins:
- The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business…
- You get a powerful fund raising alternative that involves no selling…
- Trinitas gets a regular source of revenue.
The beauty of scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for Trinitas without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
It’s easy to start. Just follow these simple instructions:
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Create an account under the “Family Sign Up” box on the left hand side of the home page
- Enter the school enrollment code: 134LBAB123853
- You are ready to shop. If you know what you want, you can go to the “Express Tab” feature under the SHOP tab or you can browse and search under the SHOP tab.
- When completed, print your order confirmation and write a check to: Trinitas Christian School, with “SCRIP” in the memo section.
- Submit your check to the office for processing or sign up for “Presto Pay”.
Orders are placed each Thursday evening and cards are distributed the following Wednesday.
If you have questions, please contact Trinitas’ Scrip Coordinator, Cindy Pollitt or Marla Barnes.